Talent Acquisition (TA) provides expertise to attract and engage a high performing, diverse workforce. We partner together with HR Community & People Managers to enable strategic talent delivery and optimization of talent investment.
We focus upon four critical areas, including,
- Workforce Planning: proactively identifying talent needs and building candidate pipeline
- Strategic Sourcing: offering targeted hiring to support Affirmative Action Planning, and position the University as an employer of choice
- Talent Pool Assessment: leveraging critical selection factors to evaluate fit and engagement level
- Successful Selection: creating an exceptional candidate experience from reference checks to extending an offer letter
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-834-1841 or by email email@example.com with their request.
Recruiting a Diverse and Excellent Staff
A commitment to diversity is central to our mission of discovery. Learn more about the University's commitment to diversity and inclusion by reading the Presidents Statement on Diversity. To support this University's commitment to extend and support a diverse workforce and to create equal opportunities for underrepresented groups as part of our affirmative action efforts, HR-Talent Acquisition has created a dedicated library of online resources.
- Colleges and Universities
- Local Agencies and Community Organizations
- Other Organizations by Profession
- Professional Organizations for Women and Minorities
Compensation related resources are available to internal HR Partners via the secured HR Connect website.
Performance Management is designed to enable high performing talent achieve unit and division goals (deliver results) in an effective manner (competency demonstration). We partner together with HR Community Members to promote high levels of performance by defining roles and performance attribute expectations, establishing achievable benchmarks, and enabling a feedback rich environment.
- University Competency Model
- University Competency Model Details
- Checklist - Employee
- Checklist - People Manager
- Checklist - HR Partner
Additional resources, including program details, are available to internal HR Partners via HR Connect website.