306 - Employee Work Schedules
Subject: Employee Work Schedules (formerly Employee Workweek, 305)
Date: February, 2015
To define the schedules of staff employees.
The University's standard schedule begins on Sunday at 12:00:00 a.m. and concludes on Saturday at 11:59:59 p.m. Units have the flexibility to use different schedules and to offer flexible work arrangements.
1. The University's standard work schedule for base pay purposes begins on Sunday at 12:00:00 a.m. and concludes on Saturday at 11:59:59 p.m.
2. The normal business hours of the University are 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Units have the flexibility to set different business hours to meet their unit needs.
3. Most employees work a weekly schedule of 37.5 hours per week which consists of 5, 7.5-hour days, Monday through Friday, including one unpaid hour for lunch.
4. Unit leaders will determine work schedules, communicate expectations, and notify employees of changes.
5. Units have the flexibility to offer flexible working arrangements. Please refer to Policy 307 Flexible Work Arrangement for additional details.
6. Circumstances may arise in which a non-exempt staff employee is required to work overtime with little or no advance notice. Please refer to Policy 304 Compensable Time for rules and guidelines on overtime.
7. Both employment status and benefit eligibility is determined by the number of hours worked, the regularity of the work schedule, and the duration of the position. Please refer to Employment Policy 203 for additional details.
Employees represented by a bargaining unit may be governed by the appropriate bargaining unit agreement.