Personal Accident Insurance
The University of Chicago offers Personal Accident Insurance coverage through Sun Life effective January 1, 2016. For questions regarding your Personal Accident Insurance coverage, please contact Sun Life directly at 866-230-2278.
Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) provides a benefits that helps protect you and your family from financial hardship if you or a covered family member dies or suffers a serious injury in an accident. These benefits are separate from and in addition to any other insurance coverage you may have, such as your Group Life Insurance Plan through the University.
If you are a benefits-eligible employee:
- You can choose to cover only yourself or yourself and your family.
- You can enroll at any time during the year.
- You may elect up to $1,000,000, of Personal Accident Insurance for you and your dependents (to a maximum of 10x your annual salary).
- Evidence of insurability is not required.
- Age-based reductions apply.
- Participation is voluntary.
- You pay the full cost at group rates.