531 - Leave for COVID-19 Vaccine
Date: March 29, 2021
To permit staff employees time to obtain COVID-19 vaccination(s) should their appointment fall during their regular work hours.
Staff employees are encouraged to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. In situations when a staff employee is unable to schedule an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccination during non-working hours but is able to schedule an appointment during regularly scheduled hours, they will be allowed a sufficient amount of time with pay, not to exceed four (4) hours, for each dose of the vaccine.
- Permission for paid time off to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine should be requested by a staff employee early enough to permit adjustment in the work schedule, in no case later than one (1) day prior.
- A staff employee may be required to show evidence of receiving the vaccine when requesting time off for this purpose.
- Employees will be expected to enter their time in Workday using the designated code.
- This policy provides time off for an employee to receive the vaccine for themselves. Accrued time may be used to attend an appointment with a family member.
- This temporary policy will sunset on August 31, 2021.
Employees represented by a bargaining unit may be governed by the appropriate bargaining unit agreement.