Our Benefits: Highlights
The University of Chicago employs people with a wide range of skills and training in many different disciplines, and is continually looking for the finest employees. We also constantly work to ensure that the University remains a great place to work. We are committed to meeting the diverse needs of our faculty, staff, and retirees by:
- Providing benefits that are affordable for both the University and its employees and retirees.
- Ensuring, through regular reviews, that the benefit programs are competitive with those of our peer organizations and the marketplace.
- Communicating about the benefit programs in a way that promotes a clear understanding of the value delivered.
- Providing both technological solutions and personal service to meet the needs of our benefit program's participants.
Our staff members enjoy many outstanding benefits and perks, such as:
- Life and disability insurance
- Staff and faculty retirement savings plans
- Tuition remission
- Vacation, holidays and other paid time off
- Discount memberships to UChicago athletic facilities
- Discounts on cell phones, computer hardware and software
For detailed information on University of Chicago benefits, please visit the Benefits Getting Started page.