Temporary Employee's Guide
Welcome to the Temporary Employee Guide! Whether you are starting your first assignment or have worked with us previously, you will find information below about:
Hourly paid employees need to record their work time in Workday. Employees should receive direction from their immediate supervisors on how to record time. Employees can also review Workday resources to learn how to record time. If required, temporary employees may need to complete a paper time card during the first week of employment.
- Time cards are due every other Thursday by 4:30pm unless notified otherwise.
- Time cards should be submitted to Payroll, as instructed by the supervisor.
- Visit Financial Services to view Monthly and Biweekly Payroll Closing and Pay Dates.
- Supervisor MUST sign card before submitted for payment.
- Payday is every other Friday unless notified otherwise.
- Checks are available for pick up at the 1st floor lobby desk, 6054 S. Drexel from 8am - 4pm, Monday through Friday. The employee must bring a UChicago ID or Medical Center ID for checks to be released. We cannot accept a temporary ID.
- Direct deposit is strongly encouraged. All temporary employees can sign up for direct deposit in Workday.
- Visit Financial Services to view Monthly and Biweekly Payroll Closing and Pay Dates
Workday@UChicago can be used to view and/or change any of the below employee information:
- Home address and Contact Information
- Emergency Contact
- Federal W-4
- Direct Deposit Information
- Paycheck Stubs (view only)
- W-2 Information (view only)