Forms, Policies and Guides
In this section, you will find forms, human resources policies, and union contracts. Also in this section are a collection of guides and checklists for new hires, job seekers, and temporary employees.
Human resources Policies
Human Resources policies are organized by category. A policy is a guideline to follow which gives consistency to decisions, while still allowing situation-appropriate decisions to be made.
The University of Chicago recognizes, meets, confers and negotiates in good faith with those labor organizations representing clerical, technical, services, trades, law enforcement and Court Theatre employees. These labor agreements define wages, hours and other terms and conditions of employment so as to maintain sound labor-management relations.
Collective bargaining agreements are available for reference for the following bargaining units:
- American Federation of Teachers (A.F.T.), Local 2063 - Laboratory School Teachers
- Service Employee International Union (S.E.I.U.), Local 1 - Janitors and Helpers
- Service Employee International Union (S.E.I.U.), Local 73 - Collegiate Assistant Professors
- Service Employee International Union (S.E.I.U.), Local 73 - Facilities Skilled Trades and Service Employees
- Service Employee International Union (S.E.I.U.), Local 73 - Lecturers
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (I.B.E.W.), Local 134 - Electricians
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (I.B.E.W.), Local 134 - Communications Technicians
- Police Benevolent and Protective Association of Illinois (P.B.P.A.), Local 185 - Police Officers
- International Union of Operating Engineers (I.U.O.E.), Local 399 - Operating Engineers
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters (I.B.T.), Local 743 - Clerical and Service Maintenance Employees
- Illinois Council of Police (I.C.O.P.) - Emergency Dispatchers
- International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (I.A.T.S.E.), Local 829 - Scenic Artists
Guides & Checklists
Guides are available in the following categories.